Thursday, August 25, 2011

Growing a Baby

Welp, now I am 26 weeks along.  That's about 6 1/2 months. 
I keep getting the feeling that this little lady is going to crush Mac's first weighing in at 6 lbs. 7 ozs. 

However, there is also the chance that this pregnancy seems to be flying by so very fast ... I keep thinking everything is happening much much sooner, when really it might actually be that I'm just farther along than I think I am.  November is approaching ...

Whether I'm ginormous or whether it's going by fast, it has been a very good pregnancy.  Everything has been ... well ... basic.  Nothing in particular to report.  Of course I love to eat.  Right now I can't get enough of ice cream.  Mongolian BBQ is probably the meal I think about most often. 

The only complaint I have at the moment is that my pelvic bones have become quite achy.  My doctor felt my stomach and said that her little head is down -- which is wonderful -- but that it can cause your pelvis to start to loosen up.  Makes me feel like an ooooold woman.  Still jogging though!  Or shuffling, really.

This girl is a real wiggler.  If you push on her, you are quite likely to receive a kick in return.  She seems to get the most wiggly late at night, particularly if I start to rub my belly.  Lately our Netflix date nights include Mark pushing her around a little.

Mac does love babies; he gets excited whenever he sees one -- except when I am holding them.  Today I told Mac more about our baby; that his sister would be coming soon, and we could give her hugs and kisses and take care of her.  He leaned forward, real close to my face, and whispered:

"No way." 

Hm.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the achy pelvic bones! Although I have NO intention of going jogging/shuffling--mine hurt so bad I can hardly even lift my leg to put on my pants in the morning, and going up the stairs is torture. When I saw your post about going hiking a week or so ago I was thinking "holy cow she must be feeling WAY better than I am! Lucky girl!"
    I do not remember my pelvis hurting at all when I was pregnant with Nicholas. I was actually starting to wonder if something was wrong with me--that SPD I've heard about. My midwife also told me that my little girl is head-down already...maybe that's my problem too. Whatever it is, I'm just thinking that the next ten weeks better go by fast!

    And Mac's comment about the baby is hilarious! Our little boys are sure in for the biggest change of their lives so far, aren't they? :D

    Oh, and you look very, very cute, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Mac cracks me up. That is such a sibling response. You look beautiful Allie, and I'm so happy for you. I ache for that to be me again!

    ReplyDelete