Apparently summer has ended. I can't tell ... there's no one going back to school in our home, and the weather hasn't changed one bit. However, local stores have not failed to remind me that fall is quickly approaching ... so let me say goodbye to our last summer in California with a few memories of our summer days.
The foremost thing that sticks out in my mind about this summer: no oven allowed. Being pregnant and living without air conditioning has spurred me on to try new dishes and create inventive meals that do not require heating up our whole house.
Mark comes home from clinic and Mac nearly tackles him. Usually he petitions for motorcycle rides around our tiny gated complex.
Lots of softball, lots of Mac yelling "Shoot it," and swinging his bat around like a golf club.
We went to Angel Stadium with our whole ward. Or a lot of them, anyway. Mac sat in our laps throughout the entire game, which even went an extra inning. He loved pointing out letters and players. We sat with the Porteras and the Fritters, and could hear Tim talk politics four rows up. All sorts of entertainment. Also memorable: Mac would not let baby Tessa touch me. I began to feel a whole lot of foreboding ...
The fireworks after the game were particularly wonderful and scary. Mac watched between his fingers for the first thirty seconds, and then remembered how much he liked them. He yelled out colors and "Big one!" the rest of the show.
We have enjoyed the local La Habra festivities, like the Citrus Fair and the Corn Festival. Better floats in the parades, but no candy.
I know. A little ridiculous. At least they could've thrown corn or something.
| And I quote: "Four more years! Four more years!" Go Shaw family. |
| Love those Luhms. |
It has been a wonderfully humid and hot summer. Can't say I'm not a little excited to see it go in hopes of cooler temperatures ... but I can't help but feel a slight twinge.
Are we really moving in a few months?
No comments:
Post a Comment