Monday, August 22, 2011

Trekking Across the Desert

I have turned down a few trips since we've been in California because of one thing:  I am terrified to drive with just Mac and I.

Well, a family funeral and baptism gave me the courage to give it a try, and wow -- it was easy.  Not to say that sitting on my rear end for six hours straight is fun, but entertaining a toddler while doing it certainly makes the time go by more quickly. 

And Mac was great.  Reading books, playing with toys, eating snacks, fiddling on the ipod, and the "Dorrie Movie" were all he needed to make it through.

I'm glad we went.
My grandma still has the magic ball!  I loved this thing as a kid.  So fun to watch Mac love it too.



Look at this precious little threesome.  Mac can't get enough of these guys, and though I'm pretty sure they could get enough of him, they certainly didn't act like it.  Oh it is wonderful to be loved.

 So fun to see the baptism of this strapping young man!  Gabie Baby, we love you and are so proud of you.  I am relieved Mac has someone as wonderful as you to look up to!
I asked Gabe to give me his most holy, pure and righteous smile.  Here he is.  Fresh out of the baptismal waters.
The only bummer about this new-found traveling confidence is that it feels a bit late.  With the months ticking by and our big move inching closer, I really just want to stick around here and soak it all up.  Sigh.

I suppose there will be driving to do later on.  But then I'll have to add an infant to the mix ... ooo ... I think I just got scared again.

No comments:

Post a Comment