I think these blocks may have been the best toy I have ever gotten him! He loves to build little towers with you or by himself. He hates to knock them over. He's played for a solid half hour by himself with them! This is a big deal for me. I can make dinner without feeling guilty about sticking him in front of the boob-tube again.
There are only two bummers about all this:
- Screaming and throwing happens almost as often and cheering and clapping. This kid wears every emotion on his sleeve, and it turns out tower-making is a very emotional process.
- My living room is constantly messy. If I try to put them away while he is around, he immediately dumps them all out and starts building towers again.
It's all worth it. I love to see him so focused and excited about something so simple and fun.


Al- you WERE so wise! We got those same blocks as a gift when Max was born and they continue to be the best toy ever! Seth's only at the 'chewing on them' stage (they've got lots of teeth marks after 4 boys), but I'm sure he'll be enjoying the stacking soon enough! In the meantime, he chews on the blocks, his brothers build for him, & he knocks over the towers. It's a great arrangement for all. :)
ReplyDelete