Sunday, March 27, 2011

Road Show

Our ward did a road show.

I haven't done one of those since I was probably 13 or 14, and apparently the rest of the church hasn't either because none of the youth had any idea what a road show is.

Well, as much fun as my first one was, I wasn't exactly jumping at the chance to perform in this one.  Yes, I was in a couple plays in high school ... but ... I don't know, I think the years have made me slightly more sarcastic and judgemental.  At least when it comes to acting retarded in front of everyone ... on a stage.  Which is weird, because I tend to do it in everyday life.
Luckily for my development of character, my darling "A-sider" husband got reeled into the road show with his new calling in Youg Men.  Add that to all my friends cajolling me to participate with them in a "mom's dance" or something, I decided it would be fun and went along.

I was the only mom that had never danced before, and though Jenn had to keep whispering to me which move came next, and I forgot a couple key parts which would have greatly improved on the hilarity of the skit, it turned out really fun. 
A couple of my lovely mom friends before the show ... wish I could've gotten everyone.


Mark participated in the Blue Man Group number and banged on a garbage can.  Mac couldn't take his eyes off him.

My favorite moment in the entire thing:  in our first performance (there were three) during the finale, I glanced over at Mark.  He had his arms out, brows furrowed, and projected so much awkwardness ... I laughed out loud.  He was so very sweet, and turns out he's a great drummer.  Maybe my littler A-sider has some B-side in him after all.  A regular Zac Efron.

No comments:

Post a Comment