Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Big 2-4

Mark and I had to count together from 1987 to 2011 on our fingers to figure out how old I was turning.  I guess I'm a little young for that.  Funny how birthdays are such a huge deal before you're 21, and then afterwards ... it just becomes life and you try to soak it all in without waiting for the "next big day" to come around.  Actually, I think for me it was 22.  I wanted to be able to say I was 22 and pregnant, because for some reason that sounded better than 21.  You definitely avoid the teenage pregnancy glare when you passed into the realm of legal adulthood.

Anywho, it was another good one!  Favorite moments include:
  • Getting presents all month long.  Best March I've had since we got engaged.
  • Birthday cupcakes at the road show.
  • Birthday texts at 5:00 a.m.
  • Going to JCPenny three different times with different coupons to get the most out of my $50, and coming back with an entire new outfit.
  • Breakfast made for me (mostly).
  • Yard sale that turned into a dog hunt.  Thank goodness Karen found the little guy.
  • Snuggling with my boys (Mac seemed mildly sick, but only for a couple hours.)
  • Making myself sick with Mongolian BBQ.
  • All the glorious trashiness of Knotts Berry Farm.
  • A ka-jillion phone calls and facebook posts.
  • The best gag-gift I've had in ... ever.  Nothing could ever topped pink crocs.  Yuck, yuck, yuck.  The worst shoe in a horridly bright color ... eeesh.  Mark loved it.  He thinks this will convince me how wonderful crocs are (he has a creepy love for them), but there is just no way. 
  • Movies and more snuggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment