Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nursery

Oh my word, can it be??!! 

My little boy is off to nursery!  I didn't expect to feel anything but excitement at getting him off to play with toys and friends; he has definitely been nothing but busy these last few months at church.  Too busy to sit quietly in a priesthood or relief society lesson.  Mark can't remember the last time he really listened in church, and my listened-to lessons are always my own, that I have to listen to as I am the one teaching.

But, as I attempted a little photo shoot before we went off to church, I did feel a little pang of saddness as I realized that my baby is not a baby any more.


Our official letter we got in the mail with all the nursery rules.
I took probably 15 pictures before church trying to get one good one.  These were my favorite failures.



 Ah, a semi-normal smile!

I love this outfit because it brings out his eyes.  Can you put "tan" eyes on a driver's license?  I'm still not sure what to call them.
 Mac raced in as soon as we brought him to nursery, but towards the end they brought him back to me with a stinky diaper.  I happily hauled him off to change him, and discovered quite a mess.  I did not want to let a little blow out ruin his first day at nursery, so what did I do?  I washed his pants in the sink with soap and water, and then dried them as best as I could.  He seemed totally fine with it, so I dropped him off and began to walk away.

And he was screaming.

I watched through the little window, and eventually "5 Speckled Frogs" got him to calm down.  With 5 minutes left of church, I could hear a shockingly familiar screech through the vents ... but ... there were 5 mintues left.  He would be fine, right?

He was still crying when we went and got him, but it didn't take him long to start yammering on about "Set" and all the toys.  I'd call it a success.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he liked it!!
    I feel SO bad every week because Nicholas absolutely LOVED nursery but we can't take him until he's done with these miserable breathing treatments. :( I just feel sad because I wish he could have fun with all the other kids. Hopefully when he's well enough to go back he'll remember how much he liked it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for nursery!! I am glad Seth was a good welcoming commitee for Mac...maybe he started crying because seth whacked him...? But guess what when I picked Seth up from nursery I was talking to him about it and he said "Nursery MaCCCCKKK!" Love it! I don't want our little school life to end, it is so so fun...but I kinda want it to end too..You know the school part. Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd call that a success too! I mean, he went back after a major diaper blowout:)It's fun to share our little milestones together. I wonder if they get confused with Matt and Mac...I guess they probably call him Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al I love those pictures straight to heaven! That little boy is the darlingest thing on planet earth!

    ReplyDelete