Well, we made the trek up to Logan for Thanksgiving. It was quite a drive. But stopping in St. George and American Fork really helped ... seeing family along the way made it more of a "journey" -- if you will -- and not just a destination.
It was fantastic. We had four days with just my family, and it was relaxing and wonderful. We witnessed the "storm of the century" -- which was actually a bit piddly -- and huddled inside with our food storage and roaring fire and watched the elements take over. That was a little fun for me; besides earthquakes, southern California doesn't really see much of nature's fury. I suppose though, that earthquakes are one of the most humbling.
We talked and we read and we ate ... and Mac learned lots of new things. He absolutely
loved being the object of so many adoring eyes (I think he gets that more from his mother) and spazzed out, showed off, and learned all sorts of new tricks. For example, he now tries to wiggle his eyebrows (which just looks like he's squinting his eyes), he gives high fives, he spazzes out on command, he always wants to wrestle and be held and kick people. Don't know how I feel about that last one. He also has the sign for "please" down now. It's pretty precious.
 |
| Mac clings to Jamie during the storm of the century ... dah dah daaaahn! |
 |
| We had lots of curry. Mac liked the lentil kind. Dad goes about once a week, but he switches off between the two competing restaurants so both think that he is their most loyal patron. Love my pops. |
 |
| Soooo much electronic fun. |
 |
| What a good daddy ... right? He loved this thing. |
 |
| Saw this awesome dog at Sam's Club ... oo we wanted it. Price tag scared us sufficiently away, however. |
All of that really made me want to live in Logan ... or at least close enough that Mac can be around family more regularly. Luckily Mark felt the same, and he talked to a few chiropractors in Logan. They were pretty upbeat, but mostly told him to come back when he was closer to finishing so they could see where they were at in their practices. It was kind of fun for me to see Mark get all dressed up and head out to sell himself. I think he will be a good chiropractor.
Then came the relatives! My brother Jacob left for him mission this week, and his farewell was the Sunday after Thanksgiving. With his farewell on top of the holiday, nearly every person in my dad's family came out to celebrate. It was so fun, and so squished. We had about 25 people staying in my mom's house, and fifty people were at Thanksgiving all together. So fun to see everyone, and so exhausting. I think my mother might have slightly lost her mind a couple times; what with Thanksgiving, Jake's farewell, Jamie's drama (poor thing), and a bajillion people keeping things entertaining and messy ... it was quite the adventure.
Thanksgiving actually took place at Bumpa and Grandma Arlene's house though, so it was nice to mix it up a bit.


The next couple days included lots of shopping, talking, nintendo, movies, and more eating. We saw Tangled and LOVED it ... I might have cried, and Paige made well-timed sarcastic comments that had us (especially Mark; he adores her humor) fidgeting in our seats with laughter. Then of course Ceely did the customary round of hair cuts -- I don't think that poor thing can ever come to a family gathering without cutting someone's hair. But it's not our fault we ask, she's just too good. And while that went on, the old men attempted to take on the young athletes in basketball. I hear it turned out quite well.
 |
| Behold the master |
 |
| And her masterpiece |
 |
| I heard everyone was a little sore afterward. |
Then Jake's farewell lunch was insanity. People hugging, eating, and leaving ... there was so much going on and I didn't get to say goodbye to hardly anyone. Oh well, at least they all made it home safe.
 |
| I love this photo ... represents their personalities. Kolby always has something funny to say, and Kyler is always eating. :) |
 |
| Most precious couple award. |
 |
| Lots of family love. |
 |
| Look at these beauties ... my word I want a girl someday. |
 |
| Also an accurate picture. Good old Uncle Jer. |
So long Elder Jake! We said our goodbyes and headed out to the winter wonderland. We listened to Christmas music and read the Hobbit, but even all that got old. That drive is too long, and it snowed the entire way down to St. George. It took us nine hours to get there.
So we slept in, Mark missed another day of class, and by the time we rolled into sunny California at 2 p.m. on Monday, I'm not going to lie, I was really excited to be warm. Maybe there
is a valid reason a bajillion people live here.
Nevertheless, it was a great holiday filled with loads of family. We love them all. And want them to come stay with us.
And NOW I can listen to Christmas music without feeling guilty!!
Oh, Jake is gone! That came fast! Okay and I have to ask what is the Jamie drama? You guys look great!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a great time! When Brayden saw that same white dog at Sam's he didn't like it at all. Mac must be much braver then our little Brayden. :)
ReplyDeleteKaren Mac just has a dog obsession! He is a little wimpy otherwise. Holly Jamie broke up with Colby! It was quite dramatic for everyone involved ... Which actually turned out to be a lot more people than it should have been.
ReplyDeleteMyself included!
Allie Girl,
ReplyDeleteIt looked like you had a wonderful holiday! I'm sorry I missed you, Let me know when you are up next so that I can come see you and cute Mac. Are you going to be here for Christmas?
Ah I want to cry I miss everyone so much! Bless your parents for housing us all, they are the absolute best. I love you and your family so much! Allie I miss you! I am so lucky I got to see you, hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteAnd good thing you didn't post a pic of you and Mark or people would have thought ewwww! You win the cutest couple award by far! And I would agree:)
Jamie broke up with Colby??? What the crap! I never hear these things. I need details on this...
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for thinking I'm funny, some people find my movie comments obnoxious... Haha. But seriously I am coming to visit you guys soon!
Paige, don't lead me on like this. Don't know if I can take it. Oh and keep this a secret, but you are probably ark's favorite cousin of mine. He thinks you're hilarious. Big deal. Also, Jamie is quite private, and I am the opposite. So come see me, and I'll give you all the gorey details.
ReplyDeleteToni, we will be in St George for Christmas this year! You should probably come out and see us. Not sure when our next Logan trip will be.