I saw this couch at a yard sale and fell in love with it. And when the owners told me they'd give it to me for $10, I couldn't refuse. Luckily Janae had brought along her van, so this couch made it in to my house.
But ... it didn't fit anywhere. Mark thought it was hideous. It was definitely not very comfortable. And we did not want to have to move it in a year.
So, I posted it on Craig's List ... for what I thought it was worth. And these adorable little college gals called me, absolutely in love. They had been searching for a "goldish-yellow" couch for months, and this was it. I felt this might be the only goldish-yellow couch in existence, but I am quite glad that they liked it so much. Mark told me they would be calling back to return it as soon as they got it home and sat on it ... but I think that to most girls, comfort is not near as important as looks. And I don't think there is much that can beat this couch's looks.
So for a grand total of $80, we sold the couch. Mac sobbed to see his favorite trampoline leave, but it will be worth it.
Just in time to finish off a little Christmas shopping.
now that's smart yard saling! we need to do this kind of stuff more often, make some $$$$$$$$!
ReplyDelete