Is there anything so great as hearing the words of the prophets and apostles of God? It just feels so ... hm. Good? A boring word, but it has enough meanings to maybe convey what I'm thinking. Anyway.
This year I spent conference weekend learning about doulas, and so Mark and Mac listened by themselves. Good man time, I think. I have now been catching up, and I have to say, it's kind of nice to take the talks slowly, a few at a time. I find them being applied to my daily life a little bit better. I'm amazed at how calm Mac is -- well, can be sometimes -- when he hears their voices. You can just feel truth, can't you!
I'm curious as to how all you new mamas out there try to make it fun/more understandable for your kids. Of course, Mac is only 12 months old, so I won't be worrying about it quite yet, but for the future ... is there anything you do?
I will totally be a follower! The guys didn't get anything just had fun together. Um...Conference ideas- James colored a bunch of church pictures he got in nursery although he didn't really get it. It kept him busy though. My little nephews played conference bingo and listened for words throughout the conference and they love that!
ReplyDeleteOn my blog you can see the picture game I did with Kyle. But another good idea is to build them a special "conference tent". You know, blankets and chairs...the kind of forts you made when you were little. It helps to at least keep them in the same room as the tv! Then put a few special treats in there, it really helps!
ReplyDelete