Monday, October 4, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen ...



I am now a trained doula.  Thank you, thank you.  After a grueling (especially when you haven't been in school for two years) 8 am-6 pm, three-day course, I can claim to be a trained (but not yet certified) doula and start up my clientele.  I have informed Mark that he can toss out his 8+ years of schooling, because this three week course has done it for me.  I have found my calling. 

I'd like to think he thought about it for a split second.  He has been a fabulous housewife; making Mac and I breakfast, lunch, dinner, doing laundry, and faaaaar more fun things with Mac than I ever do.  I'm not going to lie, it was pretty attractive to walk through the door after a long, brain-busting day and find folded whites on the couch, a giggling baby in the high chair, and a hot man in his swim trunks feeding him beans and rice.  Mmmmhmmm. 

Well, as much fun as he had at home, apparently Mark is quite passionate about his profession too.  And as enamored as I am about this whole doula business, I am infinitely more enthralled with my first and foremost calling right now: home life.  (Especially after a three-day break.  Felt really odd to be gone that long.)  So, I will not switch roles. 

But I am working.  A little.  Feel free to hire me if you'd like.  Or, just read my new spiffy blog page I am working on: 

http://www.birthofthefamily.blogspot.com

That way, I can keep my little side job and my home life separate, and you don't have to read any more awkward I'll-be-your-friend-if-you-hire-me remarks.  But, most importantly, my goal with that blog is to help get information out there on your options for your ideal birth ... because you have the right to start your family out the way you want to.  So tell your friends to read it.  And that is the last you will hear of it on here.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Allie! This sounds so perfect! I'll definitely be having long chats with you about things if I ever come to that point in life. :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Allie. I almost became a doula, but instead became a La Leche League leader. I'll let my pregnant friends know you are available!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Allie! I think it is neat you are sharing so much information and I really appreciate it. I have visited many of your recommended websites and found some good info.

    ReplyDelete