So when I first found out that I was having a boy, I thought: "What in the world am I going to do with a boy?" All the bows, ribbons, dresses, and any other fun thing I had in mind seemed snatched right out of my grasp.
Turns out, boys are fun to dress too.
I really don't want Mac to grow up to care much about clothes and physical appearances, but it is sure fun for me to play with. Mark is also quite involved in Mac's appearance, making sure he doesn't ever look "ridiculous", as he so often puts it. He really enjoys dressing our little man up, too.
I felt like my mom had a great balance of all that, helping us to dress well and feel good about ourselves, but I don't remember ever worrying about what I had on growing up. (Until I got to high school, of course. I don't think anyone is immune to their physical appearance when you get to that stage!) I guess I will just try to emulate her wonderful example.
Hopefully he turns out alright.
Ooo boys are fun to dress up. Mac looks like a stud in that top pic...I love the "wet look". It goes perfect with the jacket. Just in case you didn't notice, the picture of Mac asleep is pretty much identical to Mark's face. Never notice such a resemblance before.
ReplyDeleteOh that leather jacket is SO adorable! Where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteAnd I think I have those same overalls for Nicholas. To me, there's nothing cuter than a little boy in overalls!
okay, I have to say: your kid is super duper cute!!! and I am afraid of having a girl because of the opposite, I'm terrible with bows and frills!
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question: i'm totally ok if you want to post my birth story on your doula blog. Let me know if you have any other questions about that day.