Last time I complained about the weather, Mark told me to quit wishing for whatever I did not have.
Alright, Mr. Mature, I haven't complained. For a little bit.
But how can I help it? I walk into stores filled with colorful fall decorations, bursting pumpkins, and smells of wassail and spices. It reminds me of crisp mornings, crunchy leaves, and picking through gardens. I miss school clothes and football games. (Live ones, there are plenty on our t.v. and those don't count.) Mostly though, I just miss the change in weather.
I guess I should be more specific, I miss the decrease in temperature. Because when I walked out from that store the other day, it was a blistering 112 degrees, with a 40% humidity. That crushed every happy fall memory flat. Instead of pulling out jackets and wassail, I found myself setting out fans, putting Mac down for his nap in our downstairs bathroom, and either giving him a cold bath, or soaking his hair. All day.
Come on fall. I miss you.
I'm sure when it cools down I'll be wishing it was warmer. That's just the nature of this beast, I suppose. I'm sure Mark will help me reign it in though, he always does. People just aren't supposed to be alone, are they?
I often marvel at the ways that being with Kent has refined some of my roughest edges...
ReplyDeleteAnd believe me, I know exactly how you feel about the seasons changing! Although at least we're finally down to the 80's here-I can't believe it's still 112 there!!
I miss the change in the weather too! Although we're not 112, you're not missing any fall weather yet. Apparently global warming decided that 90 was a fine temperature for the end of September. I am SO not fine with it.
ReplyDeleteThat September heat wave surprises me every year. You'd think I would expect it by now since I have lived here my entire life but I don't. Just wait though, you will be reminded of how awesome California is very soon. (Maybe even right now as you remember that I am here :-) )
ReplyDelete