Unfortunately, Mark hasn't left California since ... since .... hm. I don't think he's left since Christmas ...? Oh, we went to St. George for Adam's homecoming. Alright, he's spent two days outside of L.A. since Christmas. And he's been in school the entire time.
He's going a little bit crazy.
So, even without the urging from Mama Gunn, Mark informed me that he really needed a break, and I was more than happy to go!
We were able to leave Thursday night (Mac didn't sleep one wink ... don't know how I feel about this forward facing car seat!), get some one-on-one time with Chris late that night (which is actually a big deal, as she is matriarch to thirty-one people), and wake up to the tantalizing smell of pumpkin pancakes ... which I didn't have to cook. Thank you, Heidi!
The weekend was wonderful. Good food, great people, an intense parade, and a great 5k. I took first place. Among the women. Who were pushing strollers. (That would be 106th place over all .... shhhh.) But I finished in 29:17 seconds, boooo ya! I was excited about that. On the other side of the spectrum, we witnessed the worst day ever, which included wrecked cars, broken couches (which were newly purchased and being taken home), and lots of poo. Definitely qualified for a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. But it ended with Telestrations, my new FAVORITE game. Someday I will have it, and you will play it with me.
And then of course, whenever the Gunn clan gets together there is lots and lots and lots of awesome cousin time.
| Mac adores these dogs. And they adore kids. Every grandma should have dogs like Molly and Sparky. |
| Sparky taught Mac all about playing catch. |
| Thanks Gracie ... she is three, and she took this. I think it's one of my new favorites. Best cousins! If I have anything to say about it, anyway. Who didn't sneak into their grandparent's sweet car and push all the buttons and move all the mirrors? After we had gotten home and Mark had returned from school, I asked him how it went -- fully expecting the typical shrug and sigh. But he said, "It was refreshing." Woah. Thanks St. George, you were just what Mark needed. Bring it on, SCUHS. |
No comments:
Post a Comment