The big 2-8.
I am getting reeeeeal close to thirty.
Despite being frustrated by our small recent misfortune, Mark was determined to have a good time.
He went above and beyond.
I was wined and dined and surprised and loved ... I couldn't believe it all.
First he told me I wasn't allowed to schedule anything the entire weekend. Then he said to get ready for a plane trip ... but changed his mind. (I was relieved.) See, we still have a sweet little baby that is quite attached to me, and I wasn't ready to drag him around the world yet. Maybe next year.
Then he took me to my parents', where we spent my actual day of birth. We opened presents, ate cake and ice cream, and had a good time. My family started up a new earring collection, and I was significantly less sad that the robbers had taken all my old stuff.
Such a good feeling when everything you do isn't undone within minutes.
Then when Mark got off work, he picked up Harrison and I and whisked us off for a little stay-cation in Heber.
We stayed at a hotel called The Zermatt; Swiss themed and really nice. We swam, we ate french toast, we talked, watched t.v., and went shopping ... essentially, we did whatever we wanted.
| Harrison experienced a swimming pool for the first time ... he loved it. |
Of course, they were all things we could do while holding a sweet, squishy baby, but I didn't mind. Next year he'll get to stay at Nana's.
And maybe Mark and I will see a little more of the world, who knows.
There's a lot of life in front of us. Plenty of time to see and experience places.
For now, these little people are our world.
No comments:
Post a Comment