Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Water Funtivities

This summer has equaled a lot of water activities.

Which is great; throughout the winter you doubt it will ever be warm enough to do things like that.

But Utah is a place of great extremes, and being pregnant, it wasn't long before I was sweltering and only a pool could calm my baking body.

So we spent a lot of time at the pool.

And the nearby splash pad.


And Seven Peaks.

Basically, anywhere but our apartment.  It was just too hot, and we felt too unwelcome there ... so we made a point to be gone as much as possible.

We did swimming lessons as well; I wish I would've gotten a picture of Belle at her first-ever lesson of sorts.  She wasn't much of a listener and is not at all okay with getting water on her face, but the rest of the kids in her class were babies ... I felt like I missed the boat on the mommy-and-me swim class.  But she kicked and jumped in and had a blast as long as I kept the water out of her face ... we'll need to work on that.  And every time we drive past that pool she yells, "Theeeeere's Belle's swim teacher!"

Mac loved his lessons.  The first class I put him in was ridiculous; they didn't push him at all, and after his top-notch California swim classes, I was a bit annoyed that I payed money for him to jump around in the shallow end.  So for the next session, I went a little crazy and put him in a class with 7 and 8 year olds ... that did it.  By the end of those two weeks, he could do a side stroke and breast stroke.  Plus he felt really cool hanging out with his goggles and all those older boys.

Mark came to the Tuesday lessons, and we had a blast cheering on our little swimmers.

But as soon as that was done, our Tuesdays became more about fishing.

I'm really starting to like fishing as a family activity.  Really, just hanging out with your family, breathing in the fresh air, snacking, and getting incredibly dirty ... it's kinda nice.

Plus these people are just so fun to look at.







Mmmm ... what a face.  What a face!  

"Hey Mac, give Sis a hug so I can get a picture ... wait, smile nice ..."

"That's not a smile, come on, where's your best smile?"

"Okay.  Your smiles must have disappeared.  We'll try again later."
Summertime, we love you.  It has been so nice to have so many outside options to get us away from our ultra-lame apartment.  You have forced me to spend my child-free evenings catching up on household chores (laundry, dishes, de-clutter, organizing, and scrubbing) instead of blogging and watching "New Girl", because I just can't seem to stay at home during the day to get it done.  But that's okay.

I kind of love you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment