Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Rest of May

The highlights of May went something like this:

  • Mother's Day.  Incredibly sweet!  Got to share it with my mama.  I even snuck into her room in the morning, so my kids and my siblings could both "wake up Mom" with breakfast in bed.  It was fun to see Mom sneak out of bed and start getting ready for church as time moved on, and then lie back in bed - pretending to be asleep - and wait patiently for her meal.  And my sweet husband kept everyone together, cooking for us both and getting cards written.  Being a mom is the most incredible gift!

  • Started showing this sweet little #3 enough that I could take a picture ... and not even out of my first trimester yet.  Here's to hoping I'll finally get a chunky baby!
  • Mac practiced baseball every single day throughout the entire month, and had games twice a week.  Shadow swings and play visualization are about the closest I've ever seen to him playing pretend.  



Sliding into first ... which we corrected and he then began sliding at most other bases, head-first and feet-first.
  • Baby ducklings were suddenly everywhere at our apartment complex.  My kids were in ducky-heaven, and we ventured out almost daily to feed them.

  • After visiting Logan and watching my siblings Jake, Trent, and Rachel cram for their end-of-the-year finals, Mac decided homework sounded like the coolest thing in the world, so I found an online source and we began printing off papers for him to do.  He is currently doing worksheets for numbers 1-100, and has now (I'm writing this in July) gotten through number 75.  I'm so impressed and surprised this love of homework hasn't worn off yet ... we'll see how long it lasts!

  • We had the eleventh anniversary of the passing of Mark's dad.  With the exception of our first year of marriage (where all the siblings who happened to be in St. George met at his grave and talked about memories ... a really sweet, incredible experience), we have always been alone in California for this day.  We've gone to the temple, talked on the phone with siblings, but this year, we actually got to be with them.  Those of us who could met at a crappy Mexican restaurant (their dad's favorite type of place to eat), and talked memories.  I never got to meet Spencer Homer Gunn in person, but I feel like I know him because I know his incredible kids.  Quite the man, indeed!

  • And finally, my bitty baby brother Trent graduated from high school.  SO CRAZY.  I forgot my camera (what is wrong with me lately), but never fear, Mac remembered his (which is actually my old, semi-damaged, little box camera) and was thrilled to photo-shoot Uncle Trent's big day.
Pausing for lunch on the drive to Logan.

"Look, Mom!  It's our country's flag!"


The graduation boy and his biggest fan (yes, I'm quite certain the gazillion girls that keep chasing him don't hold a candle to the feelings my son has for this guy.)

So proud of this studly little brother of mine.  He has been through the wringer at an unfairly young age, but it has made a stallion of him.  What an incredible example of kindness, happiness, and contentment.  Go get 'em Trent, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment