Friday, July 11, 2014

Guided

Remember my little sister Jamie?

Well she's pretty great.

I somehow roped her into coming and talking with my young women at a Wednesday night activity.

See, the theme for the month was the Restoration.  And my darling sister returned from her LDS mission just over a year ago, where she learned and retold detailed story after story of how the complete Gospel of Jesus Christ was returned to the earth.  And they aren't the regular stories you see in lesson manuals, they're incredible tiny side stories that all add up to one thing:

God is in control. 


I wanted the girls to hear these stories and get the sense that our Father in Heaven knows everything about everyone, and directs and guides those who are willing.

Her stories were perfect.  She said she was nervous to retell them all, but I would have never known.  She spoke with authority and sincerity, and the Spirit was tangible.

Since then, I've been thinking a lot about how God has directed my life, and even began keeping a journal.  I wanted to document little things I noticed throughout the day that stood out, that felt too perfect to be mere coincidence.

What an experience that has been.  I know the Lord cares and understands where I am at in life, and where I need to go.  Keeping this journal has shown me His hand in so many little things, and the more I look, the more I realize that He is literally in everything.  It gives me incredible comfort and inflames my faith; I do not need to stress about where my family will end up, I only need to do what I can and enjoy the adventure.

I am so grateful for the experience, and so grateful for a sister who took a year and a half out of her life to serve, and has used what she learned to continue to serve all around her ... including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment