Mark is steady, strong, and kind. He is everything I think a man should be. He is not perfect of course, but his strengths and weakness seem to match up just perfectly with mine.
And most importantly, he loves us and he shows it.
He puts everything he has into our two little babies, bringing stern and fun together into the ultimate fatherly combination. Belle does not like boys, but she hugs and kisses him and pats his arm. Mac absolutely idolizes him; his favorite primary song is "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home". (It's even in the running with "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and "ABC's.) They play baseball and talk scores daily, and when we got a new bunkbed for the kids? Mark asked the delivery guy not to set it up so he and Mac could do it together. While wearing medals.
So on his birthdays, I rack my brains to come up with something big, something that will help me express his awesomeness. Usually he puts up with my antics, but after nearly seven years of marriage, I've gotten the hint that he likes things simple.
Well, this year his birthday was on a Sunday, so that helped simplify things significantly.
I texted him a list of meals and asked him to pick one for his birthday dinner. He asked for all of them.
So we spent his birthday weekend with lots of food, presents, and .... you guessed it .... the Angels.
They even won.
Happy birthday sweetheart. 31 never looked so good on a person.
No comments:
Post a Comment