Thursday, January 12, 2012

On His Own.

Remember when it used to be just the two of us all day?

Then this little sweetheart came to the party.  She takes up a good amount of the day.

How has this guy handled big-brotherhood? 

Very well.

The guy took the change like a champ.  Granted, there are moments when he wants me to be "all done baby," because of course it is "Macky's turn."  But most of the time he is quite willing to share.  He shows her his favorite ipod games.  He brings her binkies (that she still refuses to take ... sigh).  He likes to "help" her get used to them.  "Oh hard.  Muscles.  Try again, baby Belen."  He tells me when I've done a good job dressing her.  "Ooo cute baby!"  He bounces her when she's lying on the bed, and he enjoys taking both of their socks off.  "Big macky toes, small baby toes!"  He's taken a real liking to whispering.  In fact, he does it a lot.  I find myself constantly telling him to speak up, especially if she's sqwaking and he's whispering for help with something.

And he plays by himself.
 This is something he has not done much of in his two years of life.  I suppose I have coddled him a bit ... I have been pretty surprised by some of the things he really can do himself.  Perhaps this baby has been great for the both of us.

Being on his own, the two requests I hear all day long involve either the ipod or "Incredibles" on t.v.  Both of which I try to limit ... but he definitely gets his share.  Otherwise he plays outside, puts together puzzles, builds towers, and most recently:

He loves this awesome fort created by Daddoo.  Trains, blocks, "colors", "shoot it", and "bouncing" can all be done inside.  He loves to try to spell "Dad", "Mac", and "Mom" on the chalkboard ... and then usually asks me to finish it off for him.  He then shouts out the letters as I spell out his favorite words.

Some days I think he's handling the change better than Mark and I are.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad little Mac is handling everything so well. Belen is adorable! Kate didn't take her binkie until she was at least two months old... now she loves it. (I tried three different binkie brands and she ended up liking the Advent ones like Brayden).

    ReplyDelete