We bought some for him a few weeks ago, and he refused to go near them.
Finally, Mark pinned him down and put on some magic Superman underwear.
Mac threw a fit.
He kicked and thrashed and sobbed his eyes out. I was convinced that Mark had just permanently ruined him ... but then his shrieks turned to giggles.
Mark inched his way close to Mac's flailing legs, and then flew backward on contact. "Wow," he kept saying, "Those underwears make you super strong!"
| Welcome to: The Gun(n) Show |
Mark and Mac spent the rest of the day wrestling and racing and sitting on the toilet, and the all went perfectly.
But the next day, it was just Mommy and Mac. Mommy is not a good wrestler, nor does she make going to the bathroom as exciting.
After two accidents, it's back to diapers.
I don't know if it's Mac or me who's not ready to potty train, but one of us is definitely not quite on board yet.
We'll get there.
But for now, it's fun to put on super-hero undies and suddenly take on super-human abilities.
Well I am impressed that he even went on the potty at all! Nicholas will have NOTHING to do with it, but he loves to wear the underwear...so I have told him that he only gets to wear the underwear when he decides to sit on the potty. So far, nothing...
ReplyDeleteEvery time we think about potty training, we just get tired. :) I think there should be a service you can hire out--someone who will come and potty train your child for you. Wouldn't that be nice?
Oh, and isn't it great how Dads can get them to do things they would never do for us? I think it's pretty cool. (And maybe you can work this to your advantage...make Mark do all the potty training!) :)
Delete