Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Many Faces of Belle

Can you believe she is only five weeks old?






Mmm she is delicious.

I love how expressive she is.

I love how all that dark hair sticks to my face when we snuggle ... and often gets stuck in my mouth.

I love how she'll eat my face if I get close enough.

I love how intently she watches her brother, especially when he's trying to show her something he blew up on "Pocket Tanks" or how he just fit all the caps from his markers on all of his fingers.

I love that she sleeps so well at night ... usually one 4-5 hour stretch followed by a 2-3 hour stretch ... and no crying in between.  All she needs is a full belly and she is back at it.  (Now I just need to get better at sleeping when she's sleeping instead of working on things ... like this blog.)

I love that she nurses in 10 minutes flat, and has from that first week we brought her home.

I love that she needs me.

Oh I am so very glad that she came to us.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness those faces are adorable! Really really expressive for only 5 weeks!

    Nurses in 10 minutes? Lucky you! Ellie is FINALLY down to like 20 minutes per nursing session. At first, she would nurse for 1 1/2 hours, every 2 1/2 hours. Yeah, it was a bit ridiculous. :)

    And yeah, it was Brother Lowe who said that...were we in the same class? I think it was a Seminary "C" class, maybe the semester right before we graduated??

    ReplyDelete