Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mac & Zack

There must be something about their names rhyming ... I'm not sure.

Ever since I met Mark's family, I have heard story after story about what a funny kid Zack was.  He had stick piles, funny eyes, and organized toys.

Chris has pictures of Zack lining up all of his toy cars in order from most favorite to least favorite.  He remembered and accounted for each stick he had collected over the span of his little life.  Zack is now an accountant.

Just this past week, I have noticed Mac beginning to do some organizing of his own.

 After Mac plays with his cars for a while, he puts one on each race track, and lines up the rest.
 The balls are possibly his most frustrating task.  He wants them to be touching, but when lining them up they often roll away.  Pushing them up against the wall is his solution.
He definitely did not get this trait from me.  Organizing has been something I have really had to work on.  But wherever it came from, I think this is one of my favorite hobbies of my little man ... hopefully it sticks around a while; I could always use some more help around the house.

3 comments:

  1. All,
    It's always a great thing when you see children lining things up in a row at this age, it's part of their development...after all of my early childhood development classes this info has never left me. ha ha, be glad that he is doing this! He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he's organizing things!!! I just found your blog today and I can't believe how big he is! You guys look happy. :)

    ReplyDelete