Sunday, February 27, 2011

Goodbye, Disneyland. Hello Knott's.

The days seem to be tumbling over themselves to get to the end ... our Disneyland passes expire in a couple weeks!  Yes I am in mourning, but I take comfort in knowing that we really truly have experienced and enjoyed everything possible in that magical park.

Why don't we just renew?  Well of course, it all comes down to money.  $600 is a serious chunk of cash, and we weren't quite as willing to delve into our tax refund this year as all the expenses of moving are sitting pretty in the forefront of our minds.

But ... we are not completely lost! 

Turns out all our friends do Knott's Berry Farm passes, and as that park is closer, less crowded, and costs $120 for our entire family to go for a year, we decided we would be idiots not to do it.

When Mark and I went for the first time however, we were a bit mopey.  It was Valentine's weekend and there was far too much teenage intimacy going on.  Also drugs.  I was mildly more scared for my life than I have been the entire time we've been in California. 

I think the real problem was that we were just missing our Disneyland still.

However, the other day I went with friends early in the day with a whole lot of children, and it was so fun.



His first ride by himself!  He was a little nervous as I walked away, but once it got going he seemed to really like it.



Hey hotties.

I love Seth's eyes.


Although nothing will ever measure up to Disneyland for me, I was really impressed with Knotts.  No lines, and a huge "Camp Snoopy" overloaded with fun little rides Mac really enjoys.  I am excited to spend our last year going here with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment