They gave me one of their free frequent flier miles tickets, and so immediately after dropping Jamie off at her airport I bundled up Mac and followed her north.
Mac growled at the airplanes, wanted to jump on the seats as we were taking off, and rubbed his nose all over the window.
But, we made it. And Mom had pulled out my old crib and set it up in Jake's room. Thanks, Jake. Bet your room in Spain isn't near as awesome as this one!
Mac still ate three egs every morning, among many other things. Don't worry, he loved every bite. He just doesn't like smiling first thing in the morning.
We spent Super Bowl Sunday with the Gunns, and experienced a massive ball war. Mac ran around like a madman, waving his arms and tossing balls, and miraculously was probably the only child to not get beaned in the face. (Rachelle, it was beyond worth missing my Sunday dinner. Thanks for having us!)
This Aunt Rachel was also a gem. We ate school lunch with her once and Mac wooed every girl in her class with his "Moo"s and "Rawr"s and clucking. He also showed off his racing skills; running full speed into the waiting arms of at least eight little girls. I think he is trouble already.
I got to finish a book! Practically all in one day.
And boy did we dance. The Wii was a hit.
The trip home turned out to be a long one. A cancelled flight sent us to Gateway ... thank you Mom! Mac loved this magnetic pipe wall.
And he loved the construction zone. Turns out an hour is not enough time to spend there, though. Next time we'll go all day!
And then we waited at the airport for Mark to get off school and come pick us up. I had calculated we would be waiting about 3 hours, but Mark came striding in like the hero he was after only two!
Thank heavens. I was really getting tired of chasing him away from escalators, doors, other people's luggage, and that luggage merry-go-round thing. I'm pretty sure I had about 8 different people tell me to be careful. Ugh.
Even after a 12 hour trip home (I might as well just drive; same amount of time!), I would do it again. Having your mama take care of you must be one of the top three best trips a person can ever take. Thank you, thank you, wonderful family!
















No comments:
Post a Comment