When you have married into a family of six brothers and two sisters, you get seven amazing women to hang out with. Well let me tell you, the Gunn women are truly amazing.
Being the emotional, over-analytical, quietly dramatic gal that I am, it is easy to feel awe, aspiration, and even envy of these lovely ladies. There is something special about the sister-in-law relationship that somehow, for me, seems to strike at my self confidence. I think it's because they have all married men so much like my Mark, and so I love seeing their relationships with their Gunn boys. I remember as a newlywed seeing all their fabulous marriages and worrying to death that somehow I would not be for Mark what they were to their spouses.
But three years of marriage and one baby later, I have finally gained some confidence. I really think I have a fantastic marriage, and a lot of it has been thanks to these great ladies and their examples. Mark has an incredible ability to really appreciate people for their strengths, instead of merely coveting them. It's something I have been working on my whole life, and only now am I starting to feel it happening a little more often!
So instead of wishing I had Heidi's drive, Danika's sweet humor, Katie's sharp wit, Rachelle's awareness of others, and Sarah's humble confidence, I can appreciate it in them.
But let's be honest, I still envy them a little.
I love you too!! And I LOVED having you at my house, I can't wait for you to come again
ReplyDeleteha I envy that you all love each other:) I love you!
ReplyDeleteHmmm... thank you Allie. As one who has very similar feelings of awe and envy when it comes to YOU and your amazingness(and like you mentioned, the other sis'), that is a valued compliment. And I speak I get to sit next to you next time we play telestrations. You make the best 'lady of the lake' I've ever seen and I'm sure there's more where that came from. :)
ReplyDelete