- Reading (for me) and studying (for Mark).
- Mark reading out loud to me the things he has been studying.
- Mac walking
- Disneyland with the Bias family! This is extra wonderful, because Mark and I never go on any of the big rides when we go. Between fast passes and rider switch, Disneyland was a breeze. We hit everything we wanted to, and the boys were gems.
Perhaps Mac's favorite ride. Mostly because dad makes it so fun.
Good old Seth taking a nap in his stroller .... wish he would teach Mac how to do that.
We were so excited to go on Space Mountain. Hurrah for big kid rides!
Mac and Seth are finally getting to enjoy each other! Mac is a little less wimpy now, which makes it all easier. Mac kept playing hide and seek with a blanket, and Seth was in hysterics. It was very fun to watch.
- Watching Mark study.
- Listening to Mark proclaim: "All I do is sit!" And attempting to console rather than tease ... but after being married for three years, I should know that for Mark, teasing generally consoles better than consoling.
- Neeeeeeeetfilx!
- Attempting to make my mom's amazing Thai curry for friends ... and not quite achieving it. Luckily it still tasted awesome, which only makes the recipe more amazing. We followed that with a rousing game of Encore -- my favorite game, which I discovered at a YARD SALE for a QUARTER -- and topped it all off with some awesome cake-mix-yet-non-cakey-peach-cobbler, a Holland family special. So tasty. And the most amazing thing that evening? Mac had gone down for a late nap at four thirty, and slept through the entire evening, and on till seven o'clock the following morning. W-O-W.
- Reading next to Mark while he studies.
- Attending the Newport Beach temple! Mark and I have not been for quite some time with our lack of babysitters, but thanks to the Bias', we were finally able to get there. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. It was ... fulfilling. Is that the right word? Enriching. Hm ... it was just what we needed.
- Discovered a FREE splash pad close by ...
| Note Mark's jersey ... I think he might possibly wear that thing every day. Gooooo Jazz! |
| Nothing like a splash pad to get through the hot weather without air conditioning! |
- Did I mention Mark studied this entire break? He has boards coming up. What are boards? He attempted to explain it to me once, and here's how I took it: they are the OWL's of chiropractic school. They all gather in a "great hall" and attempt to regurgitate everything they have learned up to that point in school. They are stressful, necessary, and the school makes a big deal of it all. It will happen right before Mac's first birthday, and we will be glad to have them out of the way! I guess then we'll have to worry about NEWTs ... but that won't be for some time yet.
HAHAHA! Allie! I love this post! I laughed about OWL's and NEWT's for at least 5 minutes! We hope Mark does well on his boards, wish him luck from us! Also Mister Mac is looking so big!
ReplyDelete