Thursday, July 1, 2010

More Mac Updates

My dear friend Chelsey posted THIS today and I cried a wee bit.  Motherhood is so wonderful and so hard ... it's easy to feel like a failure.

Good thing Mac likes me so much.

Went to the doctor today, and Mac still has a big head (75th percentile), fairly tall (60th percentile), and even skinnier than ever (10th percentile).  Shocked I replied, "I nurse him five times a day, and he goes through four jars of baby food, as well as bits of whatever I'm eating ..." 

"Well," Dr. McKenzie says, "He must have just started crawling."

No.  He is not crawling.

But he IS scooting ... and rolling .... and cruising!  He loves to walk along things.  He definitely prefers fingers to chairs and tables as anchors, but he is moving on his own.  I asked her about the development of his corpus callosum, and she informs me that crawling does seem to correlate with reading skills, but that I can crawl around with him a bunch whenever he happens to decide to do it.  Even if it's after walking.

I love this doctor.

2 comments:

  1. Allie don't worry at all! He is so alert and happy. all babies are diff. I am telling myself that everyday and Shelley loses weight and we need to bring in a therapist.....remember avalon? she seems to have come from one of those girls, not me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your doctor was able to give you some reassurance! Mac is so adorable-you are a great mom to him!

    ReplyDelete