After the beach house everyone packed up their cars and headed out to St. George to hear Adam speak in church about his mission. He did very well. Even sitting in the back of the chapel wrestling Mac, I got a bit teary eyed. I suppose that there is something sort of special about Adam. He was quite young when their dad passed away, and so all the brothers ended up stepping in. Adam feels like the culmination of all the brothers, the product of their hard work. He is a good man.
There is really only one difference I've noticed in him since he's returned. He's almost ... dare I say ... social. That might be stretching it, but he did come up to me and ask, "Allie, how are you? What's going on in your life these days?" I think that's the first time he's ever said that to me. Aww.
Apparently though, I have trained myself to only pull out the camera if my son is involved, and so I have no pictures of Adam's little homecoming dinner party.
What I do have pictures of ... is the 24th of July Ivins parade. We are lucky we made it to Utah for such an important event.
This ended up being the only bummer about this trip ... the parade was at nine in the morning and it was already ninety five degrees. Are we really considering living here???
The driving was not bad at all. I talked myself hoarse reading "Catching Fire" to Mark as we drove. Time flew ... though I have to say, enough with the love triangles already. Twilight gave me enough of that to last twelve lifetimes. If you don't like the guy like that, tell him and let him go already! Let him be with somebody who will love him like you obviously can't! Sheesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment