Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Return of the Last Elder Gunn

He is here, he is here!  Adam Gunn, the youngest of the six Gunn brothers, has returned from his mission to Sao Paulo, Brazil.  We have yet to see him, but we got to hear his sweet voice on the phone.  Some favorites from the conversation:

Me: So did you bring us presents?
Adam:  I brought you some foot creme.  (All he has said in his letters home to me is that he wants a foot massage.)  Oh, and I got some flip-flops for Mark.
Mark:  You didn't have to get me anything.
Adam:  Well I wasn't thinking of you, someone just gave them to me and they're too small.
Mark:  And mine are so little?
Adam:  Well, yeah.

Me:  Adam, when will you come see us?
Adam:  In a week.
Mark:  You don't want to come down now?
Adam:  Well I heard Zack and his girlfriend are coming early.
Me:  Yes I think they are!  You should ride with them.
Adam:  No way.  I don't want to be a .... a...........
Mark:  Third wheel?
Adam: (laughter) Oh yeah that's the word.

Me:  Too bad you don't have an accent.
Adam:  It's not like it's hard, you just talk.

Me:  Well I hope you watch lots and lots of PG-13 movies tonight.
Adam:  Yeah, after I get released I want to watch Batman.
Mark:  Don't do it!  Anything you watch now you'll hate.  You'll feel like it's dark and evil and you will never like Batman again.  (Speaking from experience?)
Adam:  Well I brought this cheese bread (crinkle crinkle), I brought it so I could eat it and watch Batman.  Looks like that might not work though, this bread didn't really make it ....

Oh, Adam, we can't wait to see you!  Here's a before the mission picture:
Can't wait to post an after.  I hope he'll put on those overalls for us.

1 comment:

  1. Ali-
    Your blog is so cute. Mac is adorable! I had to chime in on Adam's overalls- holy cow that's hilarious! The Gunns are the best!

    ReplyDelete