Monday, July 5, 2010

Even in California

You can tell that it's summertime.  Here there may be a mere ten degree difference between dreary winters and smoldering summers, but it is an important ten degrees.  

Family comes.

Beaches are more enjoyable.
But sometimes they are too crowded.  When that happens, you simply make your own beach.

These ones are sometimes better; you are a little free-er.
 
It's also a good time to work on crawling.  Or rather, scooting.
Summer is a very good time for reading.  Mark and I have devoured the little bookstore by the library.  Now Huckelberry Finn and Dan Brown are keeping Mark from studying, and yet he still seems to ace (more or less) every test.  I am currently working on "Villette" by Charlotte Bronte ... it's quite the mouthful.  Or perhaps eye-full .... it is a very dense read.

Mom's club now includes beach days ... and I will be at the next one, whether or not anyone else is.
 
We now get to interview for renewed temple recommends.  I have to say I have given quite some thought to it this time around.  It is good to be able to spend some serious time reflecting on your own strengths and faults, and attempting to find little actions that will somehow help you develop as you know you should.  I have been grateful for it.

Apparently big binkies cause allergies in the summertime.  Luckily we have not lost all of our small ones.  I am thinking we should get rid of them all together, but am at a loss as to how he will fall asleep without one.

Summertime is wonderful for grilling with friends.  And learning interesting facts about eighties movies.  I very much want a "Scene It" game now ... perhaps not the eighties.  Something that happened after I was three would be better.

Even Ikea is more magical.  Sales sales sales sales sales sales sales sales sales ......

I hope you are enjoying your summertime.  Our ten degree increase is being quite enjoyed here.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys are having such a wonderful summer! I LOVE that picture of Mac's little bum at your "homemade beach" haha, too cute! Dang, it seems not fair that all of cute friends with their way cute babies live far away from me and mine. I wish our boys could play together! Oh, and Al, whatever you're doing, it's working! You look so great (I wish I had your tiny arms--you'd think mine'd look that good with my little baby-weight, haha)! Miss you woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a fabulous summer (and what I would give for only a 10 degree difference!). :D
    And I think we are going to go outside and make a homemade beach right away. Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete