I mean, playing in the leaves when I was a kid was awesome ... but watching my own babies enjoy the fall?
Magic.
We moved just in time for my cousin Kyler's wedding. Turns out he's kind of a big deal in Aggie territory ... he is a linebacker for USU's football team, and did quite well:
http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121313aaa.html
In the midst of this incredibly successful season in USU football history, Kyler got hitched. His gorgeous half-Samoan wife is a fireball; hilarious, and absolutely in love with him. It's kind of precious to watch her bring a little more personality out of him (he's always been so shy, and their arguments are adorable), and their PDA levels are through the roof.
My dad married them at the Old Rock Church in Providence, and it was gorgeous. It even included a roast pig. (Which Kyler had killed himself; a Samoan tradition of manliness proving you are ready to take on marriage.) The Pauni family in Logan cooked for everyone at the reception, and it was awesome. Loads of meat, fruit, and hawiian bread. And of course tacos for all the Thomas'.
It ended with dancing.
| Mac ... my mini photographer. |
| Though I certainly can't keep Belle still ... Auntie Jamie sure can. In those arms, Belle is an angel. And a stationary one. |
And we finished the month off by celebrating Mark's sister Rachelle's birthday -- and Halloween -- all in one. They invited us over for trick-or-treating and cheesecake; and my kids finally got some solid hang-out time with their same-aged, same-gendered cousins.
| Isn't this awesome? If only Mac would consent to being something other than Mike Trout ... we could come up with some top-notch family costumes. These guys were fantastic. |
| Thank you Aunt Megan for the Cinderella costume! Belle did not want to ever take off her "Princess!" |
It was so fun to finally have a crisp Halloween evening. We got loads of candy, I was completely terrified by a giant jumping spider at someone's door, and Mark even ran into one of his buddies from high school. After a candy binge followed by a cheesecake binge, we said our farewells to the Kochs and shuffled the kids to bed.
Mark and I flipped through a few scary movies on t.v. ... but I just wasn't feeling it this year. Or the last year ... or the year before that. Motherhood has toughened me up in countless ways, but when it comes to scary movies? My tolerance is 0. If I'm supposed to go in and save my kids from scary dreams at 1 a.m., I'd better not be checking over my shoulder myself!
And thus October came to a close; the leaves turned grey ... and the skies did too.
Next came winter.
But ... let's soak up fall one last time:
Okay. Bring it on, winter. It's been too long since we've met!



No comments:
Post a Comment