Sunday, January 5, 2014

Catch-Up #3: Good-Bye Party

Okay, I'm sure by now you're all tired of hearing about my family-away-from-family in California ... but I have to post about one last thing.

They threw us a good-bye party.


Ah!

I know almost every single couple in this picture will be moving on eventually.  In fact, in the time between this picture and this post, two have left already.

None of us were settled, but still.

Looking at these pictures makes me sad.

We should've taken these pictures earlier ... I'm missing a few.

The shredded beef sandwiches were fantastic.  THANK YOU LADIES.


"No, no, no, don't take my picture ... okay," *POSE*



Belle the garbage disposal.  She'd much rather eat everyone's leftovers than her dinner.
Don't worry, I did pull her away after taking this picture.






We topped off the night with a dance party.  These kids are fantastic.

And their mamas?

Oh!

Women just need women.  Guys too.  But since I'm writing this, I'll speak from my experience.  To have someone to bounce ideas off of, vent to, laugh with ... someone who understands the ups and downs of being a wife/mother/homemaker/trapped-at-home-all-day-and-wanting-it-that-way-but-still-pulling-your-hair-out-at-times lady.

These girls were it for me.

They made my California adventure.

2 comments:

  1. I just teared up for you Allie! I'm so glad you guys had such wonderful people to be surrounded & loved by when you were far away from home, but the good news is, you will always find those kinds of people because you & Mark ARE those kinds of people. (and while there never will be a replacement for those friends who saw you through that time of your life, there will be others who are significant for other reasons -- first homes together, church callings together, etc.) Anyhow, you are so sweet & I hope the wonderful relationships continue with these people and all the other awesome ones who come your way. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh -- & that was rachelle, not curt. I'm signed in on his account. :)

    ReplyDelete