Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Life

I've come to feel proud lately.

Proud of my home.

I mean, I'm married to a stud muffin, my kids are adorable (90% of the time), we have our first pet, and now ...

We have our first garden.

Not much, a tomato plan, basil plant, and some poor crowded green onions.

But they're thriving.

I guess I just really like the idea that my home will be a home full of life, that I am a giver and protector of it.

Now I feel like I get what Charlotte was saying when she told Elizabeth Bennet, "Oh, Lizzie.  It is such a pleasure to run my own home."

And I'm ready for more.  More home I mean.

Anybody have any tips for house hunting?

1 comment:

  1. My tip is to really think about what you want before you go looking. Are you up for a fixer-upper? I mean, REALLY up for it? Do you want something brand new that no one else has ever touched, and that you can maybe have some say in designing yourself? (Carpet colors, tile, countertops, etc). Of course, in California maybe there aren't many building options. :-/

    And don't be willing to give up location just because the housing prices are cheaper--unless that's something you are REALLY willing to give up. I can't tell you how many times we've said, "I am SO glad we didn't buy the house on the west side just because it was $30,000 dollars cheaper." Because it would've meant a 30 minute commute for Wes each way instead of the 5 minute commute he has now. Worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete