This hunk of sweet, sweet love turned 30 a couple of weeks ago.
I really tried to make a point this year to celebrate his birthday how I imagined he would prefer it, instead of how I would prefer it. (That means no parties, few -- because I can't bring myself to do no -- surprises, and in general not too much fuss.)
So, we went to an Angel's game as soon as he got off work.
The Angels complied with our birthday wish and won. There were even a couple of home runs, so fireworks were involved.
The kids passed out on the drive home, and though Belle perked up in order to stuff her face with Bacon Avocado Burgers and juicy, carmel-y chocolate cake ... Mac just could not break out of his baseball-induced coma.
So we were one voice short in our birthday song.
Mark Gunn, I love you. I want you and our posterity to know that. You are everything a man should be. Of course you aren't perfect, but I'm grateful for that ... it means I don't have to hate myself for my own faults. You are the one I try to impress with my writing, running, doula-ing, homemaking and child-rearing. Your opinion matters, and when you speak I listen. I think you are brilliant, kind, and the rock in my life. And of course, ridiculously good looking.
Part of the reason I married you is because you calm my heart; you put my mind at peace and I love who I am when I am with you.
Congrats on being 30 ... you are such a grown up these days. Thanks for loving us.

Happy BDay Mark! (Where did you get that kitchen set? I love it.)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how you spoke your love at the end of this post. Love it. Fantastic writing-expressing those feelings that often seem to have no words.
ReplyDeleteAnd I too am adoring your play kitchen!
Thanks ladies! He's sure great.
ReplyDeleteAnd so is that kitchen ... the kids love it. It was a gift from Grandma for Christmas, so I'm pretty sure it's from Costco as most things from her are. However I saw the exact same one online at Target too. It's super cute! And keeps the kids out of MY kitchen a bit more.