Sunday, March 3, 2013

For My Babies

My friend posted this poem on her blog ... and I had to steal it.  It is beautiful and something I want my children to read and know.


 "You are the trips I cannot take;


You are the pearls I cannot buy;


You are my blue Italian lake;


You are my piece of foreign sky.


You are my Honolulu moon;


You are the book I did not write;


You are my heart's unuttered tune;


You are a candle in my night."


-Anne Campbell 








2 comments:

  1. Allie, I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! I just got done catching up on it as I ate my breakfast, & I just have to say that you are SO fantastic! I loved the poem & am very likely going to steal it and do something wonderful on my walls or in a book with it, I loved your mommy insight about the stage of life we are in & how to appreciate it, & I loved the updates on our family. Thank you for capturing your thoughts & life & sharing it here, I really enjoy seeing your faces and being edified when I visit. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes. Don't you just love this poem? A few of my blogging friends have used it too. It just resonates in my heart. I have it memorized now and all through the day, when I'm cleaning and playing and working and lifting and wiping and singing and disciplining and mom-ing, these words are there, and I feel purposeful. Beautiful.
    Glad you liked it to!

    ReplyDelete