That's right, crazy stores. It's Thanksgiving! In a town where the stores -- not the weather -- tell you what season it is, this is a real problem.
Thanksgiving occasionally gets a shelf between all the Christmas decor, but I sure couldn't find anything to decorate with.
Luckily I have Pinterest now, so I am evolving into a real do-it-your-self-er.
| And here we have Macky Zoolander modeling his creation: the GMO turkey. He really likes Halloween. And he's three years old now, so everything comes in threes these days. |
It's been really fun to have this little Thanksgiving tree up. For Family Home Evening we at down and wrote a few things we were thankful for on the leaves and glued them up. Mark's included "job" and "baseball". Mine were "new car" and "sourdough bread". Mac's were "Albert Pujols", "Caterpillars", and "Halloween". We decided Belle's were definitely "necklaces", "pigtails", and "milk".
Since then, Mac has asked several times to add more leaves to the tree. So we have. This little favorite things tree is getting quite full.
Hm, our lives must be great.
In my enthusiasm for this forgotten holiday, I have volunteered myself to cook a Thanksgiving turkey for those of us orphans out here who can't get back to our families.
My word ... I hope these people still want to be our friends.
If you have any turkey tips, please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment