And that sweet giant curly noggin.
My little miss is going to be turning one in couple of weeks ... and she must know it. I feel like the last month she has all of a sudden gotten so smart.
I think I finally noticed it one day as we were making our morning trek out to watch the massive green garbage truck grunt along through our back alley. Mac had hollored at me to hurry back there so we could wave to the garbage man, and this time Belle about blew a gasket trying to get to it as well. So I lugged both of them up to our fence and Belle craned her neck to watch the garbage truck come around. I could see the veins on that tiny neck of hers.
And then, as that kind smiling driver came into view, waving as he always does, Belle waved back.
Now she waves at every big vehicle on the road. Incluing construction machinery, semi trucks, and lawn mowers.
She has picked up waving at people too, and loves sending Dadoo off in the mornings.
She knows the word "clap". She and Mac love to listen to the "clapping song" (which is a kid's song with people clapping along on the CD) in the car, and the second Mac asks for it she starts clapping.
She has also said her first words. It's still up to debate as to which came first, but there is no doubt that she says both "Mom" and "Dad" when she sees us. She specifically says "Momomomom" as she desperately crawls across the room, looking to be snuggled into serenity. She usually says "Dad" a lot as she's sitting next to him at the dinner table, attempting to wipe mashed potatoes on his arm.
Mac gets frustrated that she can't say his name. "No sis, I not Dadadad! I'm just MacAlister Raymond Gunn!" After that she'll typically yell back at him. And again ... she matches his tone almost exactly. He doesn't take that very well, and I usually have to step in at that point. Sigh.
She also loves jewelry. Necklaces seem to be her favorite. She bows her head when I hold one up to her, and after I slide it over those soft brown curls she grins and claps and generally chews on it. She'll then take it off and put it on all by herself. I also get asked a lot how I keep bows in her hair ... but so far ... she loves them. Again, I'll get the head bow and applause once its in. Sure hope that lasts.
And as far as everything else she likes to shove into her mouth, she's still a foodie. In fact, yesterday she ate an entire piece of pepperoni pizza all by herself. What a woman. But she's also getting better at figuring out what goes in her mouth and what doesn't. When she finds some lost lone marble on the floor and goes for the mouth, she'll stop, look at me, smile, and wait for my reaction. My quick, "No, no, no!" complete with the finger-wag is just what she's looking for. Once she's gotten it, she grins, puts the marble down, and claps.
Finally, she loves to climb things. Stairs, couches, chairs, dish washers, stools, pillows, your face, etc. etc. etc. Walking makes her nervous; she'll stand on her own but sure won't take a step unless you give her a finger to grasp. But she'll spend a solid half hour at a time trying to climb up the couch and slide back off. Up and down, up and down. In fact, the other day I had her strapped in her high chair. She was whining a little, but I ignored her as I was helping Mac with something. Next thing I know, there's a boom and a squeal ... and Belle's on the floor. I couldn't figure it out though; the tray was still on the high chair, and the buckles were still buckled.
She is Houdini.
She is opinionated and stubborn and sweet as sugar. She is my little lady and makes such a difference in our little house.
Sure do love you, Sis. (Please stop growing so fast.)
No comments:
Post a Comment