Monday, October 22, 2012

Spooky Festivities

Halloween is awesome.

Right?

I'm trying and trying to convince Mac of this.

Belle is down for it, she loves to shake the googly-eyed pumpkins we put together.  She pats the skull, grins at costumes, and about gives herself a hernia trying to get at any candy that may be lying around.


Mac loves all these things as well.  He loved decorating the mini pumpkins we brought back from Nana and Bumpa's garden.  He loves the "pixie dust punkins" I made.  He is constantly rearranging the little collection we have out front.


He loved the crafty girl's party we had during the Priesthood session of conference. 

 
And he loves watching Halloween version of his favorite shows, especially the Dora Halloween DVD I was suckered into buying.

Finally, he loves candy.

That all points to one great holiday, right?

Well all is fine and good until we start talking about costumes.  "I not be that, Mom.  I just MacAlister Raymond Gunn.  I don't like Halloween."

We've still got a few tricks up our sleeve, so hopefully we can convince him of the greatness of this holiday before it finally arrives.

But as for the rest of our family, we have been thoroughly enjoying ourselves.  Watching AMC's "Walking Dead" might have to count as our scary movie of the year, I don't think I can handle much more.  Yuck.  But everything else has been a blast.  I've always loved festivities of any kind, but there is no doubt the fun-ness has shot through the roof since we've had kids. 

Family life is kind of awesome, you know.

2 comments:

  1. We've been watching Walking Dead this past weekend. In fact, we plowed through the first and second seasons between Friday and Sunday! Yeah, we got a little obsessed. But TOTALLY gruesome, right?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac is just like Abby! I keep asking her if she wants to be a pirate...princess...minnie mouse for Halloween and she just points at her clothes and says, "No this." Sheesh! Hopefully they'll both cooperate when Halloween gets here :)

    ReplyDelete