My word, is she ten months already?
Ah, make it stop!
I am loving this age. Belen has just the right amount of independance.
She still likes to be held, but just long enough to see what I'm doing. Then she's off on some adventure or another.
She has all the signs of a runner, but isn't quick enough on her hand and knees to be any trouble yet.
Once she's up though, we'll be in for it. She knows when she's doing something she's not supposed to, and she'll usually giggle and hurry to get it done before she is stopped. For example, there are countless little date seeds that have fallen from our palm trees out back. They are the exact size of her esophogus. I am constantly pulling them out of her mouth. Now she'll pick one up, look at me, get a giant grin, and hurridly shovel it in. She laughs as I pull it out.
This everything-in-her-mouth thing hasn't been all bad, though. This girl does not turn down food. Veggies, fruits, grains, meats, junk food ... all of it. Especially if you're eating it, you had darn well better give her some too. She'll gasp, flap her arms, and snag your fork right out of your mouth.
She is quick to hug, quick to snuggle, and quick to squeal. Bedtime is adorable; she grabs her blanket and buries her face into it and the crook of my neck. She'll usually hum and then start bouncing in my arms. I give her one verse of "Heavenly Father Loves Me", and then it's down in the crib. She likes to shake the crib for a while before falling asleep, but fall asleep she does.
Belen not only snuggles her blanket, but also dollies and Captain America. She loves Mac's little car toy and can do it all herself.
She has six teeth, and it looks like two more are getting close on the bottom. She crawls everywhere and walks along things a little ... but she definitely prefers hands. She will walk to the moon and back if she's got a firm grip on both your hands. She stands on her own, but never for long. (Not even long enough to get a picture ... sigh.)
Belle is dramatic as can be. When she is tired, she wails. When Mac is funny, she squeals. When he takes something from her (or lately, simply makes a face at her), she screams in despair. She babbles all the time -- "Da-da-da-da" and "Ba-ba-ba-ba" most often -- and loves to copy. She kisses, blows zerbits, and clicks her tongue if you will. She will pick your teeth, your nose, and your ear lobes all day long.
I love her, I love her, I love her. This baby girl pushes my buttons and melts my heart every day. I find myself missing her chubby hands when I go to bed at night. (That feeling typically disappears once morning comes.)
I am priveleged to be her Momma and be able to raise her in my little home. So glad you are in our family, baby girl!
So sweet! I love that we have both kids the same age-it's fun to read what you write and see how similar our baby girls are and I love reading someone else who loves this incredibly hard job of Mama as much as I do!
ReplyDeleteAnd that little ponytail?! So darling! I've got baby-ponytail envy. :) I keep trying with Ellie's hair, but it just isn't anywhere near long enough yet.