I even booked a babysitter weeks in advance, anticipating this fun-filled night of friends, food, and hilarious costumes.
With doula clients and visitors and other things keeping me going full speed, I did not get around to figuring out costumes until the day before.
It's a bit of a process.
I ask my darling husband what he wants to be, and he usually shrugs and says whatever I'd like. So then I start suggesting ideas, all of which he turns down.
So we brain storm and brain storm all sorts of couples ... all of which Mark turns down.
The man is picky when it comes to costumes.
But I'm not complaining about that, because it always works in our favor. If we ever went for my first choice in costume, we would never get near the response we do.
Behold, "Most Original Costume" award, third year in a row!
| L-7 Weanie! |
"I said shut up! I've got a lot of things on my mind."Give up? We are Michael "Squints" Palladorus and Wendy Peffercorn from "Sandlot".
"Lotioning and oiling ... lotioning and oiling ... I just can't take it any more!"
"What he did was sneaky, rotten, and low. And cool. He'd kissed a woman. He'd kissed her long, and good."
The costume required some explaining, but 90% of the informed immediately laughed and were whisked back to their childhood. Who didn't love Sandlot?
The rest of the party was great. I brought homemade Winger's Sticky Fingers with homemade ranch. And bones.
We ate, played games, gave out prizes, and had a grand old time.
Unfortunately Mac was not nearly as cooporative for our babysitter as he has been for previous ones ... so we called it a night a little earlier than I would've liked.
Still. I did not come home disappointed.

No comments:
Post a Comment