Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Revisiting Glory Days

So, Mark has been playing slow-pitch softball for about two straight years now.

It's been fun to go to the games, chit-chat with the ladies, and let the kids romp through the dirt.

But softball was my sport before it was ever Mark's, and I have been itching to play.

Finally finally, my turn came!

I was volunteered to coach our ward's women softball team through a one day tournament.

And though we didn't last long, it was so fun.


I always make fun of the guys who slide into bases in Mark's days.  Guys.  It's just softball.  But don't worry, I slid.  Almost twice.  Pulled some muscles, bled a little.  I was that Uncle Rico getting way too into it.

But, I think everyone else had a good time.  Breanna suggested matching colored shirts, which turned out awesome.  She also brought oranges and capri sun.  Extremely awesome.

And even better?  These tournaments are supposed to be happening more often ... and I may even start playing on a co-ed team.

I love softball.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to play softball again! I remember when we all used to play with the Has Beens....you should probably move back to Logan so we can do that again :) Sounds like you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete