You know, the kind you pay. That cute young gal, generally from church, old enough to be responsible but young enough the have fun with your kids.
It was exciting. I went all out. Naturally, pinterest helped.
And it went so smoothly!
I came home to Belen sleeping and Mac attempting to relax (wasn't working, but he was sneaky and took a surprise nap that day, so we expected a late night for him). He went on and on and on about his babysitter.
They played baseball. And basketball.
He made sure she shot it right. He made sure she smacked the bat on the plate a couple of times before swinging. He made sure she said, "Go Mac, go Mac!" when it was his turn. He showed her all his favorite toys. He ate his dinner.
But most importantly, he took care of his baby sister.
This is enormous. I was told he would shoot the basketball a few times, and tell Katie (who was sitting by Belen) it was her turn, and then he took her spot behind Stister to make sure she did not fall. He told Belle to be careful, and was sure to bring her lots of toys and talk to her, "cause it makin' her happy."
When she cried after Katie put her in bed, Mac said, "It's okay, Stister just tired. She just tryin' to go to sleep."
This went above and beyond well. Sounds like Mac was better for her than he ever is for me.
We'll definitely be going out again.
You are a rockstar! I would have LOVED to find a fun box like that waiting for me back in my babysitting days! I sent you an email a while back (I sent it to the address on your doula blog--it seemed more official that way:), and just wanted to make sure that you got it--no worries on answering right away (or ever!), but I wanted to make sure I sent it to the right place!
ReplyDelete