And indeed the time has flown!
At one month, she has already made it known that she will not be ignored. My little fireball has impressed every person she has met with her big eyes, her massive amount of dark hair (for a white baby), and her extremely strong set of lungs. When people see her, generally the first comment is, "I can't believe all that hair!" followed by, "Wow, what lungs!"
She has been to the doctor once, at one week old. At that point she had already gained a pound and grown a half an inch. This girl loves to eat, and her thighs and double chin are already bigger than Mac's ever were. I am loving that. The doctor was also impressed with how strong her head control was. She and many others have all commented that Belen does not seem like a newborn in several ways.
I like to think that this little girl came roaring into this world, ready to take it all on and live every moment to its fullest ... right?
![]() |
| Two days old |
![]() |
| Three days old |
| Four days old |
| One week old |
| One week old |
| Two weeks old |
She seems to have something to say about everything. Particularly when she's gassy ... boy she does not like that. We've been doing a lot of leg pumping, which seems to do the trick.
| Four weeks old ... and smiling! Finally some cooing amidst the squawking ... if this girl is awake, she just has to be making noise. |
Belen keeps me on my toes, and I am glad she has such a calm big brother. I think they will balance each other out nicely. I picture her running around getting them both into trouble and convincing him to loosen up every now and then, while he adds some common sense to her life. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
I love this little girl to pieces, and am so excited to see what she becomes.



I can really see Mark in the picture of her smiling, and I can really see you in the picture of her in the polka dot jacket (which Chloe also sports, by the way...) :)
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute--still love all that hair!
Ok, I just love reading your blog (although I seriously need to call you soon--I miss our phone chats)! The way you express life as a mother to two little ones, I find myself nodding along like "Yup, that's exactly how it is!" :) I wish you guys the best of luck in figuring out where you'll end up (ugh, we're in limbo ourselves, still waiting to hear back from med. schools). You have two of the most adorable kiddos ever and I think you are doing a wonderful job!!
ReplyDeleteShe is such a doll! And wow-so strong! I can't believe how she's holding her head up like that. I thought Ellie was a mover and a wiggler, but she sure can't hold herself up when she's on her stomach like that.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it going to be so interesting to see how things turn out as these active girls get older? :)