Oh it was good to see this little face!
I got quite excited when I heard him, my mom, and Janae coming down the hall. We were ready for them. A nurse suggested that Dad be the one to introduce him to his new baby sister so I could snuggle him as much as possible. Great advice.
He was more interested in getting that band off that the hospital folks that strapped to his wrist. She just slept. But everyone else enjoyed the moment!
Since then, Mac has mostly ignored Belen. Unless I am changing her diaper, in which case he wants to hand me the wipies. Or if I am cleaning her belly button ("Poop!" he says to the umbilical cord), he wants to "color" her with q-tips as well. He also generally comments on her crying, and has brought her water and suggested she snuggle. Bel has only taken one train to the head so far (which I'm pretty sure was an accident), and though he never wants to hold her and rarely touches her, I'd say their relationship is off to a fair start.

That IS a good start! Isn't it fun to have two little kiddos? I was worried that two would just be more work and not any more joy, but it's so much more fun! (At least so far.) :)
ReplyDeleteOhh, so sweet!! I will always treasure those memories of the first time seeing the new baby! Congrats she is Beautiful!
ReplyDelete