Sunday, October 23, 2011

Trunk or Treat

Trunk-or-treat is the way to go here in Cali.  Apparently some people still do the actual door-to-door Trick or Treating around here, but it's not quite like it was back in good old Logan.

Our ward decided to host their trunk-or-treat a week early, so we have been busily scrambling to come up with some pretty sweet costumes.  I really wanted to work my enormous abdomen in somehow, but it was difficult to come up with something fun, unique, that Mark would be excited about, and Mac could have fun with.  Those are a lot of requirements to fill.

We tossed around Braveheart, skeletons, street fighters, and countless others.  It seemed like one of our crew was always left out.  So we decided that if anyone should have to wait, it would be baby sister.  Sorry girlie.

As it turned out, she did add to our ensemble quite a bit.

Everyone wanted Doug Funny and Patty Mayonnaise to live happily ever after, right?




Mac loved his "Puppy Shirt", but he was not so crazy about having his dog-eared hood or belt-crown on his head.  He did however, love the party.  The kids running around, the delicious treats, and the "Un-Talent Show" all had him clapping and saying, "wow."  He loved seeing the dancing and the songs.  I loved the Luhm girls.  Mark loved the Goonies skit.
We then hustled outside to prepare our trunks for the Primary kiddos.
And voila: a safer, faster, easier version of one of childhood's greatest events.
Mac didn't really catch on, but he was sure excited about all the candy we had left over.

I have mixed feelings.

Mostly I wish that there were about double the number of kids in Primary ...

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I love what you guys came up with, I never would have thought of that, you are so creative! You also look darling with your prego belly, I'm so excited to see what baby girl looks like!

    ReplyDelete