This sweet little gal is now supposed be around three and a half pounds or so.
Is that all?
I'm to the point in pregnancy where strangers who glance will glance at my stomach before my face. I distinctly remember that with Mac as I waitressed up until a week before he was born.
I've also hit a wall of aches and fatigue that I don't remember with Mac. I am really, really loving Mark's chiropractic skills these days. Yesterday when he was trying to release the tension in one of my stretched-out abs he smiled and said, "I'm having a hard time figuring out if I'm feeling a tight muscle or a little arm or leg." But little Miss and I helped. She kicked him if he squished her, and I squealed if he squished a sore spot. He definitely figured it out and I feel much better today.
I am generally not sure what I want, but I always want to eat. I still cannot quite figure out what will satisfy these occasional surges of desire to inhale something.
I never want anything around my waist. Not even pregnancy pants will do. It's pajama pants, skirts, or nothing.
I can feel her rolling around inside of me a lot. She still kicks no doubt, but it seems like she's getting more fluid and maybe ...feminine? Who knows, but it is certainly entertaining to watch my stomach change shapes as she wiggles. She moves when I drink anything, when my belly is rubbed, after I eat, late at night, and when Mac bumps into her (accident or not).
Mac has finally gotten to a point where he'll point at my stomach, say, "Baby!" and kiss it, but I still get the feeling he is a little oblivious to what lies ahead. But maybe not ... maybe there's a reason he has started hitting and being possessive just in time for her to arrive. Might I add however, that he has also really started to love other little babies he sees and wants to hug every one of them.
Her little girl's closet is slowly growing, and I am getting excited to meet her. 8 weeks. Hopefully we can nail down a name by then ...
Belen? (As in Buh-len.) Or will she hate us for having to explain her name the rest of her life? Would she prefer Riley? Sadie? Elsa? I guess we'll have to figure it out.
You are very cute! And yes, skirts are pretty much the only thing I wear lately. Oh, and my yoga capris.
ReplyDeleteI like the name Belen, but I've always been more partial to names that people are more familiar with--because of the whole explaining your name all the time idea. I think Elsa (or Elsie) is darling, as is Sadie. Those names are good because they aren't super common but they aren't hard to say/spell/use.