Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prepare Yourself ...

This could really gross you out.

But at the same time, it's so incredibly awesome ... don't you think?
I got the idea from this website (found on Pinterest, of course), but made a few changes.  In case you are feeling brave and iron-stomached, here's what you do:

1.  Buy a skull, and get it EARLY.  No stores had any of the cheap Styrofoam ones by the time I got around to doing this.  I ended up with a red candle.  More expensive.
2.  In an effort to save my expensive red skull candle for future use, I wrapped it in tin foil.
3.  I then coated it in cream cheese.  I ended up using three blocks.  It was kinda fun ... it molds just like clay would.
4.  Add some eyes.  You can use hard boiled eggs and olives, or you can cheat and buy eyeballs from the dollar store.  Mold the cream cheese around them.
5.  I could not figure out how to make the teeth stand out, so I just ended up cutting the tin foil off from around the mouth so you could see the candle's nasty red ones. 
6.  Add some delicious raspberry-flavored salsa.  I've heard of one from Costco that is divine ... but I don't have a Costco card and so settled for a Target-version.  It wasn't as tasty as I was hoping it would be.
But the effect is quite disgusting.

I'm usually pretty anti-gore ... but I won't lie, this was kind of fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment