Sunday, July 10, 2011

Potty Beginnings

There it is.  Mac's very own potty.

I found this at a yard sale still in the box and unused.  They only wanted 5 bucks for it, so I thought, why not?  Mark has been trying to get Mac excited about the toilet for weeks already.  Though I'm not planning on our little man to be ready for underwear any time soon (with the Gunn boys' track record, it will be yeeeeears before Mac will make it through the night),  I thought it would be nice to have it around for him to get used to and start to figure out.

And yes, he has used it.  He can definitely tell us when he needs to go to the bathroom, though he only does it about once a day or less.  Then half of the time he doesn't even do anything on the toilet; he just sits there and grunts for a bit, then jumps up and says "I did it!" followed by a quick "I flush!", his favorite part.

Good work, Mac.  I won't start putting pressure on him till we're good and settled somewhere -- as we might be moving this December -- but until then I want him to learn to love that potty.

1 comment:

  1. Good for him learning to like the potty already! Nicholas LOVES wearing underwear over his clothes, but I'm still pretty sure he's also far from being ready to potty train. :D

    And to answer your question--Kent has a great job here that would make a wonderful career, but we really don't like Texas, especially the fact that it's so far away from home, so we're still planning on moving in about 2-3 years from now. It isn't our permanent home.

    I'm just hoping that all the updates we are making on our house will pay off in the end and we can sell our house for more than we bought it! (Our neighborhood isn't the most...luxurious, so it might be hard.)

    ReplyDelete