Saturday, June 6, 2015

Nick-Nastics

I had a feeling Belle might like gymnastics.

I mean, she's been climbing, balancing, jumping, and rolling on things since she could move.

I like gymnastics too.  It feels to me like the perfect marriage between sporty and girly.  She can build muscle and be proud of how she can make her body work for her.  She can learn rhythm and poise and grace.  Gymnastics opens up so many options as far as interests go; and if she wants to delve into the dance world, I go with her there.  If she wants to get into sports like I was, I'll show her the way.

But for now, I just love watching her grin and hop and wave as she prances around the gym.




We did three sessions at this great, cheap little introductory program.  She asked me every day if it was time for "nicknastics", and ran to get clothes on when I finally said yes.  It's been kind of refreshing to have her so excited to listen.  (Getting dressed is a challenge most days.)

At the end of those three sessions, I signed her up for the big meet.  She was thrilled.



We got there extra early to save seats for Bumpa and Nana.











When they called her name, they did so hesitantly and asked for "BEL-en" (like "Helen" with a B), and so I hollered out "Beh-LEHN", and Belle lept to her feet, threw both hands in the air and ran up to the stage.  She got her trophy and certificate, held them both high in the air, jumped up and down a couple times, then went back to her seat.



Miss Belle.  I am so proud of you.  You have got something you love, and you work hard at it.  I love to see you so proud of yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment